Thursday, November 10, 2011

Oh-So-Sexy Shiny Legs!

Do you ever wonder how celebrities get those oh-so-sexy shiny legs? Moisturizing isn’t enough to get those stems glowing; you need to learn some tricks to look like you’re red-carpet ready. There are a few things you can do to achieve this look. This includes anything from shimmer powders and creams, oils, petrolatum (e.g. Vaseline), and certain lotions.



If you want a non-greasy solution, shimmer powders are the way to go. Body or all-over shimmer powders can come in a range of colors, so choose one that will flatter your skin tone. For pale skin with pink undertones, use a pink or silver toned powder. Darker skin tones should use bronze and gold shimmers. Victoria’s Secret has shimmer powders that have fragrances built in them – double whammy! You can also use makeup on top of well-moisturized skin. I bought MAC’s mineralize skinfinish as a highlighter that has a high-frost metallic finish. It’s a bit too shimmery for the face (unless you’re looking for that Oscar trophy look), so I use this on my legs and collar bone. (You can use it between your lovely lady lumps like Heidi Klum and other celebrities to give them more depth. Check out the Beyonce look below for another example. Use shimmery bronzer for lighter skin and light shimmers for darker skin.) There are also shimmer lotions/creams which add moisture to your skin while giving your skin a brilliant glow. Be careful to recognize the difference in formulas that contain glitter versus shimmer. I am NOT a fan of looking like a sparkly glitter fairy.
Personally, I enjoy using oil products. While I believe they achieve the shiny celebrity look the best, I’ll warn you that what looks good doesn’t always feel good. Case in point, I had a boyfriend who used to call me his “greasy baby.” But it looks oh-so-hot, and beauty is sacrificing comfort; am I right, ladies? My favorite products to achieve the look are any of the LUSH massage bars. LUSH even has two shimmer infused massage bars, if you want the metallic glow. These bars are made from solid oils that melt when warmed with your own body heat. Rub these babies all over those stems and prepare to get double takes. You can also use regular oils, like sweet almond oil or baby oil. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve left greasy leg prints on cab seats on my way to party, but it’s all in the name of sexiness.

Thanks to:
http://www.smartskin101.com/red-carpet-legs-how-to-achieve-the-celebrity-high-shine-legs/#more-590

No comments:

Post a Comment